Most often, video is stored on the computer’s hard drive. Accordingly, the most common and popular way to publish video on Facebook is to import from a computer. This is done as follows:
1. Go to your page on the social network, in the new publication window, select the “Photo / Video” item and click “Upload Photo / Video”. The same action can be done by going to the Home page (News Feed).
2. Locate the folder in which the desired video file is located, select it and click "Open."
3. Before uploading the video to Facebook, you can add a signature, as well as determine the circle of people who can view the downloaded video file. After the post is ready, just click "Publish."
4. For some time, the server will process the video. Upon completion of the process, it will be published and available to users of the social network for viewing. You can find the file in the "Photos" section in the dedicated "Video" folder.
Note: while the video will be processed, you can edit it by adding a title and geolocation, noting the users present in the video and the date, as well as selecting a still image that will become the cover of the video.
Very often, users upload videos from YouTube to FB, because this is where the largest collection of professional and amateur videos is collected. In this case, the publication of the material takes place in the form of a classic post, and the video will not be stored in a separate folder in the “Photos” section.
Downloading videos from YouTube is as follows:
1. Go to YouTube and open the page with the video that you would like to share with your friends on Facebook.
2. Click the Share button located below the player, and then select the FB icon.
3. In the window that appears, you can leave a comment on the publication, as well as indicate the circle of people who can see it. When everything is ready, just click "Share."
4. The Facebook video will appear immediately on your page, appearing in the News Feed of your friends.
Note: Before logging in to YT, be sure to sign in to your Facebook account.
Take it to the wall!
Another popular source of videos on FB is the pages of other users of the social network. Let's say your friend uploaded a video that you liked so much that you wanted to share it with all your friends. In this case, do the following:
- Under the video you like, click the "Share" button.
- Select the audience you want to show your find (Chronicle, Page subscribers or private message), leave a comment or an explanatory signature and click “Share video”.
In just 2 mouse clicks, you can insert a video from the collection of almost any Facebook user into your Chronicle. At the same time, it will look like a repost of a publication made by a user-author.
So, working with videos on Facebook does not cause any difficulties. You can publish both your personal video files and those found on the Internet. The main thing is to always comply with the rules established by the site and not violate copyright. The publication of materials that offend other users or do not comply with the moral principles of Facebook and society may lead to the blocking of your account by the site administration. And in especially severe cases, legal proceedings are possible.