It’s not difficult to hide the network cable and the television wires going around the room. It is best to use a special electrotechnical baseboard, which will go through the whole house to the bedroom or hall. If there is no desire to buy a new baseboard, you can carefully mask a bunch of wires using special designer gadgets, like a picket fence, as in the photo below:
In order not to pull the Internet cable from the front door to the bedroom, it is recommended to install a Wi-fi router at the entrance to the apartment (in the corridor). In this case, the network connection will be wireless and you will not have to pull the cable between the rooms, through doorways and sills.
In addition, you can hide the television wires in a cable channel, which is quite simply attached to the wall with screws. Today, there are many types of cable channels that are suitable not only in color in an ordinary apartment, but also in a wooden house.
If the repair has already been done, then the best solution would be to use decor elements - beautiful clips that will decorate the wires from the mounted TV, running along the floor and wall. You can also see an example of this method of solving the problem in the photo:
If you want to hide the cords from the TV during the repair, we recommend that you make a special niche for them in drywall or vice versa, collect the box:
In order not to ditch the walls, you can hide the TV and the Internet cable in the baseboard, if you make it as shown in this video:
Well, the last way is to drill a groove in the wall behind the plasma and run electric wires through it. However, this is the most time-consuming option, which is best avoided. Imagine that you need to hang the TV on another wall, you have to think again how to hide the antenna cable.
As for the rest of household appliances - air conditioning, a music center or even a home theater, with the help of the ideas listed above you can mask the hanging wires using the same method. The cable from the air conditioner is most often hidden in the cable channel, and from the home theater the wires are run over the baseboard, securing them with special clips.
Computer wires spoil the interior of the room very much and if you dream a little, you can hide them pretty nicely.
The first idea is to disguise all the cords from the monitor, the system unit and the modem under the table top, securing them with clips to screws or double-sided tape. This idea was clearly shown in the photo example:
Another simple way to hide all unnecessary under the table cover you can see in this video tutorial:
Do not want to spoil the table? You can hide the wires from computer equipment in a shoe box, originally decorating it under the interior of the bedroom.
How to make such a box with your own hands, you can find out by watching this video:
In addition, the original idea is to buy a special cover for the extension cord, which is quite simple to attach to the desk cover.
If the cord from the speakers bothers you, you can easily hide it in the appropriate cover, which is attached to the back of the table.
All excess cords, including charging, can be beautifully removed from the table using ordinary clamps, as in the picture below:
Another idea is to thread the whole bunch of wires through the hose. In this case, the chaos under the table will hide in one single shell, which will not so much spoil the interior of the room or even the office.
Using all these tips, you can mask the electrical wires and make the workplace more neat. There is nothing complicated in just putting cords and cables in a box or securing it under a table! In addition to cleaning up your computer desk in this way, masking also helps protect cords from dogs and cats who like to chew on charging, headphones, etc.
Today, the installation of spotlights in a house or apartment is gaining more and more popularity. As a rule, there are more than 4 spots on the ceiling, so there are a lot of wires to connect them. There are several ways to hide the excess from the eyes, depending on the ceiling in the room. The easiest way is if the ceiling is stretched, because In this case, the wires can be masked by the ceiling film itself. If the ceiling is gypsum plasterboard, you can hide the wiring only under the gypsum board sheets, inside the frame. About how to conduct wiring under drywall, read our separate article: https://samelectrik.ru/kak-provesti-elektroprovodku-pod-gipsokartonom.html.
If all the wiring from the chandelier are hidden in the lamp housing, then the cord for connecting the sconce is a little more difficult to hide. If the wall is bare, you can decoratively hide the hanging wire by building it up and making a drawing on the wall. You can see an example of such an idea in the photo:
If you are thinking about how to hide the wires from the sconce during the repair, it is best to make a strob in the wall and connect the lamp from the junction box, and not through a wall outlet. In this case, all the electrical wiring will hide under the plaster and wallpaper, and the interior will not be damaged. Do you want to do without gating? Then hide all the excess in the cable channel that goes along the wall.
You can hide the power supply from the LED strip in a special box, which is mounted under the ceiling and allows you to make a hidden LED backlight in the kitchen or in the hall.
That's all I wanted to tell about this issue. We hope that for yourself you got ideas on how to hide the wires from the TV, computer and other household appliances so that it is beautiful.
It will be interesting to read:
Straight to the wall
Today, hidden wiring is more popular than ever, and indeed, people try to hide any communications from their eyes that, in their opinion, spoil the appearance of the interior. The antenna wire for the TV, which very often has to be pulled across the entire apartment or house, was not an exception, since a high-quality video signal can be obtained, often only by installing the receiver only in a certain place.
- Floor skirting boards with cable channels, able to hide most of the cable along its length, greatly help in solving this problem. However, if the TV is hanging on the wall, you have to remove the wire from the baseboard and direct it to it, and it is not difficult to guess that the whole picture immediately deteriorates.
- Plus, do not forget that the antenna television wire is not the only cable that fits the TV. At a minimum, you will need to power the equipment from the electric network, well, but as a maximum, they will also include: an Internet LAN cable (many modern TVs are already, in fact, a computer that can connect to the network), wires for transmitting video and audio signals from various DVD players, TV receivers, HI-FI acoustics and more.
- The picture begins to emerge and is completely terrifying and sometimes the maximum that can be done is to wind everything into a bunch of nylon ties, and at least somehow try to disguise all this disgrace.
Perhaps the most time-consuming and dirty way to hide so many wires will be laying them in the gates made in the wall during the repair. However, the method can be safely called the most accurate and technologically advanced, since your cat will not gnaw the wires hidden in this way, nobody will accidentally hook it with your foot, plus everything will be displayed in a single console containing all the necessary outputs.
In this case, there is no need to hollow the entire wall in order to spread all the wires around the room. It is enough to stretch them to the same baseboard and hide everything else in it.
The big disadvantage of this approach is that it is applicable, it is only in the premises in which repairs are carried out. If your walls are only made and you do not want to touch them in the near future, then scroll right through to the next chapter, where alternative methods will be suggested on how to hide a television antenna wire.
If you are ready to take drastic measures, then stock up on tools and go:
- First of all, you need to accurately determine the location of the TV on the wall.
- The following determines which bracket you will use for installation. This point is very important, because, despite the VESA world standard, which includes the most common mounting points, the brackets themselves can be of different shapes and sizes.
Advice! If you do not pay attention to this, you can end up with communications looking out from behind the “carcass” of the TV, because the bracket is too massive, or it will interfere with the connection.
- It is desirable that the device is already in your hands, so that everything is measured clearly.
- Try the bracket to the TV and measure the distance that remains to the edges - it is on it that we will place all the sockets.
- We transfer measurements to the wall and begin to dust. A grinder cuts two vertical stripes a couple of centimeters deep, 2-3 centimeters apart.
- Further, the inner part is hollowed out by a perforator to form a full-fledged strob.
- Then, with the help of diamond crowns, a number of holes are made for the purchased TV socket. Immediately see that this element contains all the necessary outputs and a sufficient number of power points so that it is enough to connect all the equipment.
- Further actions are extremely simple. First, all the wires are laid in the strobes, which must first be fixed with plastic brackets so that they do not fall out and interfere with further plastering.
- The ends of the wires are connected according to the scheme with the outlet, and it is installed in its place.
- All strobes are covered with gypsum plaster, after which subsequent finishing is performed.
Next, the bracket is mounted, the TV is hung and all connections are made. The TV on the wall is ready for use!
A less elegant solution would be to use a cable channel, but it is not so simple - you can make this element yourself or find a non-standard store option, making it an integral part of the interior. Plus, do not forget that it will be much easier and faster to implement such an undertaking.
Having studied the assortments of electrical goods stores and electronics trading, you can find the following types of cable channels:
- The easiest option is PVC. We saw them all - this is an ordinary plastic box of white or another color, which has a removable lid, held on snaps. It is possible to successfully enter such a product into the interior only if it will be combined with the environment in terms of colors - it will merge with it or vice versa will be in bright contrast.
- Rare enough - models from MDFthat can be effectively combined with the surroundings.
- Metal options - more often it is aluminum, which is shown in one of the photos above. Such a product looks spectacular enough to become part of some futuristic interior.
The structure of all models is very similar. They are mounted directly to the wall with dowel screws, after which all the connections together with the wires are hidden under a decorative cover.
As already mentioned, in some cases it is advisable to make a box with your own hands. The quality of workmanship and the final appearance will entirely depend on your ability to handle the tool, as well as the type of materials used in the decoration of the room.
The photo above shows a very simple and at the same time effective way to assemble such a box. It is made of planed boards, between which all wires are laid. On top of them, you can place any decorative overlay, and paint the boards themselves in any shade to make them as inconspicuous as possible.
Furniture manufacturers also did not bypass the problem and offered their solutions to the buyer.
As you can see, the variety is very large, and there are enough non-standard furniture options. In part, they are not able to hide all communications and still require gating, but with this approach there will be much less dirt, so you can even resort to this method in a renovated room, doing everything as carefully as possible.
Mostly we hide the wires behind the TV. It is clear that if you look closely, all the cords will be noticeable. However, today you can buy special furniture to hide all communications.
To a greater extent, we are talking about TV stands. They are equipped with special holes in which to place the wires. It is very convenient. Not to mention the fact that the cables will not be visible, respectively, will not violate the interior design. Special headsets, in which there is a zone designed for TV installation, also allow you to hide the wires.
Cable as an interior detail
Perhaps the easiest way is to beautifully decorate the wires. You can hide the cords behind living or artificial plants, original driftwood, curtains. To mask the wires, it is not necessary to make them invisible. Communication can be turned into an element of decor.
To decoratively “beat” the cables, you need to consider the style of the interior. Consider the most popular areas in design, as well as specific recommendations from professionals:
- Loft - use special channels presented in the form of calculations from small bricks,
- Classic interior - use additional wood panels to mask wires,
- Hi-tech - you can hide the cords in metal pipes, fix them on the wall with screws.
To achieve an impressive result, entrust this work to professionals. Not everyone has the appropriate skills. Specialists with experience in carrying out such work can do everything efficiently and promptly.
If creative thinking is developed at the proper level, then decorating you can do it yourself. It is not necessary to buy additional expensive materials. The means at hand will be more than enough. The selected method should match the decor.
For example, if the length of the wires allows, then from them on the wall you can make a drawing or a geometric figure. The main thing is that your composition fits harmoniously into the design of the room. First you need to make a sketch of the future drawing with a simple pencil. When the sample is applied to the surface, you can decorate the wall with cables.
The way to fix the wires is another very important point that you need to think about beforehand. For example, nails are definitely not suitable for us, as they will damage the cord. It is better to choose tape or glue. This way of decorating is a very simple masking of cables.
What should I do if the patterns and all kinds of ornaments do not fit into the interior or the wires are too short? Use an additional fringing to turn a usual cord into a decorative element. This method is especially relevant when it comes to the nursery. You can use all kinds of stickers to hide the cables and maintain the integrity of the interior.
If you do not have the desire or free time for the manipulations described above, then you can just close the wires. Use ikebana and all kinds of other decorative compositions: hemp, stones. The main thing is that they correspond to the nature of the design of the room.
Many place wires near the nearby lamps. You can decorate the composition with decorative thread or a garland. Performing such jewelry work, remember that the integrity of the sheath of the cord can in no case be violated. Any damage will cause emergencies.
A very interesting way out of the situation is not to hide the wires from the TV on the wall, but to decorate them, that is, make them part of the interior.
Here are some interesting examples:
There are a lot of decoration options, and even manufacturers offer their solutions. And if you have enough experience and imagination to create and implement your ideas, you can create a real masterpiece for mere pennies.
The simplest ways of artistic decoration will be the following options:
- Parts of the wires can be placed behind the furniture by attaching to it on the back side with tape or brackets,
- Install live plants under the TV,
- Use lacquered driftwood,
- Make a necklace out of a wire by putting large beads on it,
- Apply ready-made plastic clips from the manufacturer,
- And much more.
If the wires themselves do not bother you much, but massive tees and extension cords "callous" your eyes, then the original solution to the problem is to place them inside a decorative box that you can make yourself, or purchase a ready-made version. By the way, assembly instructions for one of these solutions will be given in the video attached to the article.
Various devices are also very effective, allowing you to hide and fix the largest parts in inconspicuous places.
Here are some photos with similar solutions:
That, in principle, was all that we wanted to tell you about how you can hide or mask the antenna wire for a TV and other cables. No need to put up with reality! Approach the matter wisely and the result will not be long in coming!