Nooking is one of the most interesting knitting techniques. It uses knitting and crochet techniques. This feature defines the name of needlework - knooking (from English “hook” (hook) and “knitting” (knit)). In addition, Tunisian technology is used in the work. In this article, we will take a step-by-step look at how knitting is done using the knitting technique.
The tool for such needlework looks like a long hook with an eye at the end. An auxiliary thread or fishing line is passed through the eye, which, after the completion of each row, is removed and transferred to the next row. In fact, the auxiliary thread is used as the second needle, and the first is the hook.
After threading add. threads into the eye of the hook we collect the usual VP working yarn. Turn over the work and continue Tunisian technology. The knitted fabric is transferred to add. a thread. After completing the row, we pull out this thread.
Step-by-step master class
Before starting work, we extend the auxiliary thread through the eye of the hook. Its length should be twice the width of the knit part.
We collect the chain of VP working thread. From each eyelet we knit 1 eyelet.
We stretch the hook and add. thread through all the loops.
** We turn the work, the first loop out. we remove a number. At the same time, we make sure that the working thread is located in front of the canvas.
Transfer the working thread to the canvas, * enter cr. in front of the working thread in the next loop and pull out the loop *. From * to * we repeat further.
For the convenience of work, when entering the tool, it is better to pick up the loop from above, then draw it through its loop, pick up the working thread from above and drag it back through the loop. At the end of the row, pull out the working thread from the previous p. and drag it into a new river. Work deploy.
The end of the add. pull the thread out of the faces. R. and drag the hook and ext. thread through the loop. Repeat from **.
Having mastered the basic technique, you can begin to knit interesting patterns. We offer schemes of some of them.
Nuking technique: video master class
To work, you need to prepare:
- yarn, consisting of 55% wool, 45% cotton, 50 g per 130 m - 250, 300 g,
- knitting hook for knitting technique No3,
- auxiliary thread. Its length should be two times the width of the knitted fabric.
- persons. surface: we stick in recall. thread into the eye of the hook, knit the chain from the VP.
- 1p .: extreme pet. primary r. forms the first chain of the first p. From each next VP, we knit 1 chain. We stretch the tool and add. thread through all p., leaving the end of the thread in pet. We are expanding the work
- 2p.: Remove the first pet. row (it will be the first loop of the second p.), we place the working thread in front of the canvas. From the following pet. knit 1 stitch. At the same time, we introduce the tool at work from left to right and drag the pet. at the same time we pick up the slave. Thread on top.
Tip for beginners
It is better to grab the loop from above, passing the tool through the PTL, we pick up the slave. Thread on top and drag it back through the PTL.
At the end of the river. pull out the slave. Thread from the previous r. and drag it into a new river. Turn the knit
- 3 p.: Remove the first PTL, the working thread is located behind the canvas. From the next ptl we knit 1 ptl, constantly introducing the tool on the faces. side of knitting from right to left and dragging PTL. At the end of the river. pull aux. thread from the previous r. and stretch it to a new river.
Next, repeat the 2nd and 3rd p.
Density: 20 ptl per 27.5 p. equal to 10 cm by 10 cm.
We start with a chain of 85, 97 VPs. We take into account that the last ptl of the initial river. and ptl on the instrument form the first ptl of the next p.
We perform on 84, 96 pet. facial hl To narrow at the waist, we reduce from two sides in each 16th p. from the initial river. four times 1 p.
For reduction in persons. rows (this is the 3rd row of the pattern) we extend the working thread through the 2nd and 3rd and the penultimate and 3rd from the end of the loop. together in pairs. There remain 76, 88 pet.
30 cm from the initial river. add on both sides 1 pet. and then in every 12th p. three more times for 1 pet. according to the pattern. For this, after the first and before the extreme pet. respectively, knit from the transverse thread of the previous p. one crossed pet. We have a total of 84, 96 ptl.
After 51, 49 cm from the beginning of the row we close for armholes on both sides of 3 pet. and skip in every 2nd r. twice for 2 p., once for 1 p., then in every 4th p. three times in 1 p. We still have 62, 74 p.
At a height of 63 cm from the beginning of the river. We skip the central 22 ptl for the neck design and knit each part separately.
For a smooth roll out along the internal line, we skip in every 2nd river. 1 time for 4 p., 1 time for 3 p., 1 time for 2 p., 3 times for 1 p. On the remaining 8, 14 p. Shoulders we knit exactly up to 68 cm in height. We are finishing work.
We knit like a back, but with a lower roll. For him, at a height of 44 cm from the beginning of the river. skip the central 12 p. and in each part along the internal line we make reductions. We carry out decreases in every 2nd p. 1 time for 3 p., 1 time for 2 p., 3 times for 1 p., In every 4th river. 9 times 1 p.
We tie the edge of the product in a circular 1 p. RLS and Crayfish step (RLS we knit from left to right).
Dimensions: 30 cm by 240 cm.
To work, we need:
- yarn, consisting of 63% polyacrylic, 27% wool, 10% polyamide, 50 g per 90 m, sectional color - 250 g,
- hook for knocking No6.
- handkerchief knitting thread (its length should be about 70 cm) into the eye of the hook. From working yarn we make a chain of air. P.
- 1 p. (l / p): extreme ptl of the beginning r. forms the first ptl of the first p. From each next air. p. knit one loop., introducing the tool into the loop from yourself back and drag the thread. Tool and auxiliary pull the thread through the loops, leaving part of the thread in the PTL. We turn the work
- 2 p. (l / p): we remove the first p. of the row (we have it first ptl of the second p.). The working thread should be behind the canvas. From the following pet. we knit one ptl according to the instructions for the first r. and finish p. Tool and auxiliary pull the thread through the loops. Next, repeat the 2nd p.
Density: 10 p. To 20 p. equal to 10 cm by 10 cm.
We collect 30 pet. and knit a scarf with a kooking pattern.
At a length of 240 cm from the beginning of the river. close all p.
Dimensions: 35 cm by 40 cm by 35 cm.
To work, we need:
- yarn, 100% cotton, 50 g per 100 m, pink - 600 g,
- the same yarn, green, lemon and carrot flowers - 500 g each,
- hook for knocking No6,
- a blank of foam rubber 35 cm by 40 cm by 35 cm.
- handkerchief binding: we add thread (its length should be approximately 70 cm) into the eye of the hook. From working yarn we make a chain of air. P.
- 1 p. (facial p.): extreme pet. beginning of r. forms the first ptl of the first p. From each next air. p. knit one loop., introducing the hook into the loop from you back and drag the thread. Hook and aux. Pull the thread through the loops, leaving part of the thread in the PTL. We turn the work
- 2 p. (facial p.): remove the first p. of the row (we have it first pet. second p.). The working thread should be behind the canvas. From the following ptl we knit one ptl according to the description for the first p. and finish p. Hook and aux. pull the thread through the loops. Next, repeat the 2nd p.
Density: 10 p. To 22 p. equal to 10 cm by 10 cm.
Upper and lower elements
We recruit 36 p. With green yarn and knit a kerchief pattern using the knocking technique. Then, every 10 cm, we carry out different colors of yarn, alternating pink, carrot, lemon. At 40 cm, we close the item.
Stitch side seams. Sew in the upper element. We put the cover on the foam blank and sew the bottom element with a mattress seam.
Learn step by step a new knitting technique for beginners
In the process of knitting products, various craftsmanship is widely used:
- classic knitting
- Tunisian art.
A product reproduced thanks to knitting needles with the front and wrong loops is quite possible to create with an extraordinary hook. Thus, the products obtained with the help of it can be easily confused with the same work, but with knitting needles. Because not the front loop is not wrong, they practically do not differ from the work done by knitting needles.
The device for this knitting technique includes not only a knitting needle, but a standard and Tunisian hook. Its head is slightly sharper and narrower when compared with the standard version. The eye looks like a sewing needle and serves to thread the warp.
To master this technique requires certain skills, knowledge and practical knowledge of the three knitting techniques. The process itself is quite unusual. First you need to pass a thread or fishing line through the eye, and only then dial the standard air loops. Then the resulting knitting should be turned over and the whole principle of work should be repeated again with Tunisian loops. The canvas, which after this happened, needs to be transferred to an additional thread. When each row ends, the thread must be pulled out and go to the next row. Therefore, we use additional yarn as the second knitting needle, while the hook is considered the first.
Products that were made using this technique really have a difference. As a rule, they stretch well, have a certain lightness and elasticity.
With the help of a separate device, you can create absolutely any loops and come up with beautiful patterns. You can even knit in a circle.
This method is often used in knitting scarves, hats, mittens. As you can see, these are mainly small items.
Knitters and craftswomen are able, using knocking, to create unique, juicy, conspicuous things, including interior items.
The work process usually proceeds much faster compared to knitting needles, but slower when compared with the use of a hook.
We analyze a knitting masterclass for beginners
This master class contains a step-by-step description of working with knitting techniques for beginners to knocking. Before starting work, it is necessary to stretch the auxiliary thread through the eye of the hook for the knocking technique. The thread should be two times longer than the width of the part.
Step 1. Insert the auxiliary thread into the eye of the hook for knocking. We carry out a chain of air loops and from each air loop we draw 1 loop.
Step 2. Then we pull the hook and the auxiliary thread through the loops.
Step 3. The product should be rotated, and the first loop of the wrong row must be removed. The working thread is before work.
Step 4. The working thread must be moved back, * insert the hook before the working thread into the next loop and pull out the loop, from * continue to repeat.
To make it easier to enter the hook, you need to hook the loop from above, then draw the hook through the loop, then grab the working thread from above and pull it back through the loop. At the end of the row, pull the working thread from the previous row and stretch it into a new row. We turn the work. The schemes that are offered are quite simple and understandable. Any needlewoman can cope with them.
Step 5. At the end of the auxiliary thread, pull from the front row and pull the hook and auxiliary thread through the loops. Repeat from step 3.
Having studied the descriptions and looking at the proposed photos, we can confidently say that knitting is a knitting technique that is quite simple, including work with knitting needles and crochet. Using this technique, there is no particular need to use additional knitting needles when knitting braids. With the help of knocking, you can knit a wide variety of patterns and show imagination, creating an interesting combination of them.
What it is?
Nooking is a fairly young knitting technique that combines the capabilities of knitting needles and a hook. For knocking you need a special tool - a hook, which has a needle eye at the end. Picture
This technique allows you to knit the back and front loops with a hook, which helps to improve the density of the product, as well as add variety to boring patterns.
Russian needlewomen have only recently discovered knocking. Whereas in European countries, this method of knitting has long been mastered. Recently, an amazing technique has been winning the hearts of our knitters, let's figure it out, why did they love knocking so much?
This technique allows you to combine the benefits of knitting and crocheting
Due to the unusual method of knitting, the product is more dense and, therefore, wear-resistant
Nooking allows you to create completely new patterns, so your product will definitely be unique
This method significantly reduces knitting time.
Perhaps the only drawback in this case will be an increase in yarn consumption, but the quality of the product will please the needlewoman more than once!
Now we will try to talk more about the technique itself:
For knitting you will need: a special hook with a needle eye, yarn and a nylon warp thread.
1. First you need to thread the warp thread into the eye, attach the sliding knot to the hook itself (as on a simple hook)
2. Next, you need to create a chain of loops, which will be the basis for knitting. We want to add that the length of such a chain depends on the size of the product.
3. Now you need to hook the loop closest to the hook and pull the yarn to the other side through it
4. Continue lifting the following loops in this manner until they are finished.
5. Turn the knocking hook over with the other side and “transfer” all the loops to the nylon thread so that the hook is released from them
6. When all the loops are on the lace, you can start knitting using the wrong and front loops.
7. Along the entire row of already-drawn loops, create a series of purl loops, keep all the loops on the hook. As soon as a number of purl loops are hooked, the nylon cord can be removed from the main row, it should be on the second row, that is, the second row subsequently “moves” to the hook
8. The process should be repeated until the product reaches the required length.
What is knocking?
This is a fairly young way of knitting, combining three options for doing the job:
The Tunisian method uses an elongated tool with a stop at the end, like a knitting needle. This is necessary so that the fabric does not slip, because, unlike standard knitting, when Tunisian, the entire product is on the hook.
Instead of three tools, you can use one due to the fact that knocking has appeared. The knitting technique allows you to perform a variety of patterns designed for both hook and knitting.
What to knit
To work in the technique of knocking you need a special hook. It should not be very long, like Tunisian, but it must have a wide eye at the end, like a needle. This is necessary to drive the main thread into it, on which the loops will be removed. Another feature of this hook is a sharper and narrower head.
The main thread should be contrasted in comparison with the color of the product and exceed its width by half.
She hangs in the ear and fastens right behind it so that the bundle does not cling and does not get stuck in loops. This thread is an important knitting element in knitting style. Crochet, the technique of which allows you to create front and back loops, can fully replace the traditional method of working with knitting needles.
The knocking technique came from America, where this tool is called an amazing needle for its versatility. With this needle, you can create almost any patterns, and no one can find the difference between the work done by knocking or the classic way.
Nooking: crochet, the technique of "illusory knitting"
It is called illusory, because when you look at a thing done in this way, an illusion is created that it is knitted. Appearance and texture correspond to just such a manufacturing method.
Usually knitted knitting small gizmos such as scarves, socks and mittens. However, some needlewomen make in this way and quite large products, such as sweaters. In terms of density and quantity of yarn, such a product does not differ from the analogue made on knitting needles, and it takes less time to produce it. A traditional hook allows you to knit faster, but it consumes more yarn, and the product comes out denser (unless we are talking about openwork knitting).
Where does knocking start? Knitting Technique:
- The main thread is inserted into the eye.
- A chain of air loops is drawn so that they capture the contrasting thread.
- The product turns over (this is one of the differences from Tunisian knitting, where work is carried out only on the front side).
- The loops located on the main thread are knitted as if they were on a knitting needle. The hook with this method acts as a second knitting needle.
- After the end of each row, the contrasting thread is stretched and moves to the next.
As you can see from the description, knocking, the knitting technique of which is quite simple, combines the elements of knitting and crocheting. With this method, there is no need to use additional knitting needles when knitting braids. Nooking allows you to knit a wide variety of patterns and create interesting combinations of them. If different colors are used in the work, the product is very colorful and interesting in texture.
For knitting using the knocking technique, it is recommended to pick up a hook about half as thick as recommended for traditional knitting. If you are advised to use hook No. 4 for yarn, you can safely take 2.5.
Needlewomen even with little knitting experience can take knocking. Техника вязания, фото которой уже появилось на просторах интернета, достаточно легка для освоения и дает большой простор для творчества. Пожалуй, единственным ее минусом можно назвать то, что в наших журналах пока не публикуют схемы для вязания именно нукингом. Можно воспользоваться схемами для спиц или создать свою.